Monday 20 February 2017

Q4 EVALUATION:" How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?"


Flickr was also a technology used in research and planning phase, as i was able to post the photos from my photo shoot on to flickr for my peers and teachers to help advise me on which are the best shots. Prezi was a very useful platform and my skills in using prezi have developed greatly from AS to A2,  and I know feel much more confident and efficient in using and displaying ideas and journeys on the software.

This is the audio recording I uploaded to soundcloud and embed into the blog.

Powered by emaze
On the final (4th) slide of the above emaze you'll see I embedded an earlier prezi I made in my research and embedded into a different research afterwards and linked both the softwares together I had used in research together.




How I used technology in the evaluation stage:

For question 1, the technology used was very difficult as "quicktime player" was used in order to get voice recordings and then we played the track, and would blade the clip of where we essentially appear to pause the music video, and create a freeze frame and have it appear on the screen for as long as it takes my partner and I to say the evaluation point.

When we chose a place to put the freeze frame, we would have to blade the track to that exact second, and place a "gap" in the track so that the song would not be out of sync. I'm sure from reading the process it is easy to guess where there is room for error. However overall I am satisfied with the outcome of our final directors cut.


For question 2, I used a familiar online software, ThingLink, to present the combination of ancillaries to the main product, as I wanted to pin point exactly what aspects create synergy, for example the candle symbol on the side of the pane on the digipak, and I feel this would be best represented on thinglink and then embed it on to my blog.


For question 3, due to having so much data, I decided to create a powerpoint in order to go in detail and be fully evaluative of my target audience feedback and the methods I used to gain the feedback. I then uploaded it onto slide share and embedded it from slideshare on to my blog. I could also add pie charts to the power pint to display the data further. I was aware power point was the most appropriate and that softwares such as Prezzi would not have been as successful in presenting the evaluation.


For question 4, I used technologies and softwares that I was previously hesitant to use, for example POWTOON in the planning stage of question 4. And I also chose to embed previously made presentations, such as the audio from souncloud and the emaze which had a prezi embedded into it, as I want to display how far i have came with technology and how successful it is at displaying and creating my ideas.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent Level 4 evaluation Rhiann. However, please change the font in the Final Cut ppt - it is terrible and very difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhianne, why is your question 1 thinglink in Q4? I am confused!

    ReplyDelete